Secluded beach bliss
Enjoy seclusion, space and simple elegance by the sea! Yondah Beach House is a unique blend of luxe-in-nature comfort and absolute privacy (you’ll have the whole 300 acre oceanfront estate to yourself!) in a truly stunning coastal setting.
Recently extended and fully refurbished, Yondah sleeps up to 8 guests in three spacious bedrooms, each with its own sparkling designer bathroom. All the other creature comforts are there too including SmartTV and free NBN satellite internet. But that’s not all. Yondah is also genuinely pet-friendly. Get ready to fall in love!!
Magic all year round
In summertime, the living is easy at Yondah. Enjoy picnics and lazy afternoons on your own golden beach, or grab a snorkel and play with curious baby fish in one of the nursery rockpools. Sip drinks at sunset and enjoy a spectacular light show from the sheltered deck-for-two, then fall asleep gently, lulled by the song of the surf and calling seabirds.
In autumn enjoy long golden days, the crisp fragrant sea air and the last of the summer flowers. If you’re feeling energetic you can ‘Walk the Yorke’. In winter, snuggle up in front of a roaring open fire while thunderstorms lash the landscape. Or rug up and enjoy a clifftop stroll… you might spot fur seals rolling in the surf or a whale breaching in the bay.
Wildflowers, wildlife and stars
Spring is the best time for wildflowers. Native orchids and other coastal plants burst into flower along the windswept cliffs and, after good winter rains, the native grasslands become a blanket of vivid green moss dotted with tiny donkey orchids and the delicate white flowers of the carnivorous sundew. Look for kangaroos at first light and at dusk, and keep an eye out for the rare white-bellied sea eagle and osprey as they soar on coastal thermals. In the scrub you’ll find noisy flocks of babblers, wrens, silvereyes and tiny pardalotes.
At night a carpet of stars spreads all the way from one horizon to the other. Watch for comets and meteorites, and experience starlight so bright you’ll cast a shadow! Without city lights nearby, you’ll even see the stunning Magellanic Clouds, two of our closest neighbouring galaxies, and the dusty spirals of our own Milky Way.
Things to enjoy at Yondah
- Spend blissful afternoons basking on a beautiful sandy beach of your very own
- Look out for Yondah’s resident fur seals and see them play and fish
- Explore pristine areas of mallee scrub filled with spring flowers, birds and kangaroos
- Snorkel with curious baby fish in one of the nursery rock pools
- Swim in the clear, turquoise waters of the Southern Ocean
- Hunt for rare orchids – there are more than 30 species at Yondah
- Stroll along the clifftops where you might spot a humpback or southern right whale
- Give your camera a serious workout
- Breathe deeply and just soak in the peace and the salty sea air
- Visit one of South Australia’s tourism jewels – the spectacular Innes National Park
- Walk the Yorke – this amazing new 500km coastal walking trail passes our gate
- Explore southern Yorke Peninsula using our itineraries and guest voucher book
- Go on one of our fabulous package tours to discover more of our region’s secrets
- Create with gorgeous fresh local produce in our fully-equipped kitchen
- Sit back, glass in hand, and enjoy a spot of birdwatching in the garden
- See kangaroos feeding at dusk on our marsupial lawn
- Enjoy a truly spectacular coastal light show at sunset
- Experience starlight so bright you’ll cast a shadow
- Snuggle up by a roaring log fire as wild ocean storms lash the landscape
- Fall asleep gently, lulled by the song of the surf and calling seabirds
”This is by far the best getaway home we have ever stayed. Bringing our dogs has made our holiday that much more meaningful.”
LORRAINE & GEOFF (GLENELG, SA)
“We are so excited. We want to continue our annual holiday at your glorious beach house until we’re all 90!”
KRISTY, SVEN, LOUISE, JOSEPH, SOPHIA & JENSEN (BROMPTON, SA)
“This extraordinary hideaway is simply magic. Beautiful beaches and cosy little bays where we sat to watch the sun set. A piece of heaven on earth.”
LYN & ROSALIND (CALOUNDRA, QLD)
“Beautiful, peaceful, breathtaking. The accommodation was remarkable, well exceeding our expectations. The whole package was magical.”
ANDREA & FAMILY (HAPPY VALLEY, SA)
“Yondah is so private, not seeing or interacting with other people for 4 days is a very rare occurrence in the world today. We loved the seals!”
ALLAN, ANITA & LILLY (BRISBANE, QLD)
“Seventh visit and still as good as the first. Always wonderful to drive over the ridge and see Yondah silhouetted against the sea!”
BRUCE, ANNE & GAZELLE (BLACKWOOD, SA)
“It's bright and white, an ocean-facing bubble of light on 120 hectares.”
AUSTRALIAN GOURMET TRAVELLER (JANUARY 2017)